The FMC-INDUSTRIAL board is designed to enable prototyping and evaluation of industrial applications that require standard serial communication interfaces, but whose versions have been improved in terms of QoS and immunity to harsh conditions.
The board includes isolated versions of RS485 and RS232 which are well established in many industries. Additionally, there is a CAN controller that also offers an isolated physical interface that is widely used in automotive applications.
With the exception of the hardened serial ports, industrial applications very often use standard computer interfaces, so this card offers USB 3.0. It can be further expanded with the Digilent PMOD modules.
Components & Interfaces
- Isolated full-duplex RS485 / 422 / Profibus up to 20 Mbit/s (LTM2881-3)
- Isolated half-duplex RS485 / 422 / Profibus up to 40 Mbit/s (ISO1176T)
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of EN 50170 and TIA / EIA-485-A
- Isolated dual RS232 up to 1Mbps (LTM2882-3)
- Isolated CAN up to 4 Mbit/s (LTM2889-3)
- Dual Channel Isolated Gate Driver (UCC21521ADW)
- USB 3.0 Transceiver (TUSB1310A)
- Digilent Pmod™ header with selectable I/O voltage 3.3V or 5V.
- Main board connector:
- FPGA mezzanine card connector according to ANSI / VITA 57.1 FMC standard
- 4x RJ45 for RS485, RS232 & CAN
- USB 3.0 Type A connector
- Terminal blocks 3.5mm pitch for RS485, RS232, CAN and gate driver interfaces
- Digilent Pmod™ header, gold pin (2x6 2.54mm spacing)
- 64 kB EEPROM (to meet ANSI/VITA 57.1 FMC standard)
- 2x oscillators (100MHz, 200MHz)